Well I made it….. To The Abilities Expo
by the skin of my teeth
It has been a hard three weeks around our homestead. We have been battling two different bugs with each child taking a turn then swapping what they have with the next.
Thank God for my husband, he is a trooper! He told me he could handle the sick kiddos and that I should go ahead and go to the Expo.
What a great guy!
So how was the Expo you ask? Here is a breakdown of the Pros and Cons
- It was close and it only took hours away from family time, not days
- Made some great connections with other special marathon parents
- Got to check out some new products
- For an Expo that was in a large metropolitan city it didn’t have many vendors
- No workshops were being held the day we attended, why not hold workshops everyday? repeat them if need be
Overall, I would go again. Meeting the people was the best part for me. There are so many of us out there trying to make things better for special needs children.
Did you go to an Expo? What did you think?